Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SCAM! MEGA SALES 2009

You may be wondering why I wasn't writing about how I celebrate my 20th birthday. Because I had a bigger news to "announce".

Yesterday me and Edward were walking from Pavilion to Sungei Wang to get our car as we were supposed to go MidValley. When we passed by the Bukit Bintang Monorail Station, a Chindian guy who speaks Mandarin approached us and asked us to join a lucky draw, what we had to do was just tear off a sealed card and see what gift we had got. Since yesterday was my birthday, we decided to give a try since it doesn't cost anything. What I got was a "thank you", indicated that I didn't win anything. Suprisingly Edward has got a some sort of silver patch inside his card!

The guys reacted so surprise and happy and they looked like they were faking. So they have a list of gift to give out, from Toyota Altis to Australia/Japan trip. Follow on they helped us to call their "manager", told the manager that we got the special gift card and we were going to the headquater to scan the silver patch and check what gift we had.

At first we doubted them, Edward said "I can't trust you, this happen so sudden and ridiculous". We were afraid that they were robber, may follow us to our car and rob us (and our car). But that guy handed us his Malaysia Identity Card, which gained us a little of trust. And they kept saying "hey, you have to treat us dinner, you're getting a big big prize!"

I don't deny that we were a little bit greedy, and believed that we were lucky enough. However, we still inform our friends where were we heading, and the information of the guys who brought us there. The headquater was quite near, we reached there in 10 minutes.

So by looking at the office named STARR HEALTHCARE, we were relieved as they don't look like a robber or something.

Later on we were arranged to meet the manager named Ms Lim (of course this isn't her real surname), Ms Lim persuaded us by explaining to us how attractive were the prizes, e.g Toyota Altis, Perodua Viva, Proton Persona, Samsung LCD Screen, Turkey/Australia/Japan trip. Besides that they were giving us 3 house electrical products which were Microwave Oven, Foot Massager, and Home Theatre Set. But, read carefully, we were required to afford the tax, transport fees, etc, which costs around RM4000!!!

Thanks God we were poor, we don't have so much money!!! But the MS LIM did not give up, she asked us do we have ATM Card/Credit Card, maybe we can pay part of the amount. I actually had my credit card in my wallet, but of course I wouldn't use it! They knew that I was on my birthday, so they kept telling Edward to take this as a birthday present for me.
Luckily Edward asked his friend to go online and check the website that they gave to us, and the information on the web wasn't sufficient enough for us to trust them.

They gave us to see the list of gifts left to be won, it was around 9 items. All prizes was quite attractive, EXCEPT one thing - JADE MATTRESS. Being curious I asked her what is JADE MATTRESS? Sounds so funny. Ms Lim said it was valuable, and I can sell this to others. Immediately I thought that I didn't want to sell something SOUNDS SO FUNNY, I didn't know anything about JADE MATTRESS. Guess what, we checked online justnow about this MEGA SALES 2009, everyone who was cheated and paid rm4000, WON JADE MATTRESS! It's actually something cheap!

Back to the scene. Having the same thought "there's no free lunch in this world", me and Edward rejected the deal. We were so dumb that we followed them to the headquater, but we made the wise choice at last.

It was really an unforgettable birthday. When we were on our way to Midvalley (that time we were not sure that this is a scam), I told Edward "If this is real, I'm happy that we got the so called special gift, but doesn't mean that we have to get that prize since we are unsure about that. I don't want to get a LESSON insteads of prize."

We checked online as soon as we reached home. Gosh there are so many cases online, EXACTLY THE SAME! Even everything they speak to you, they had been trained!
For more info, surf:
http://www.jbtalks.cc/viewthread.php?tid=570226
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1002003

1 comment:

MoZiGeLi said...

There are few fellows "working" at sg wang below monorail bridge, 1 of them is a chinese, tall. And another 1 is a chinese indian that speak chinese, anyways, if anyone go to sg wang again. Please be careful and if can, please take some nice picture of them and post to youtube.