Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Anything I'm Not

Listening to : Mr Lecturer next door lecturing binary forms.
Location: Apiit. (was in the noisy syndicate room, but moved to library for a silent peace of mind.)
Wishing that: I'm somewhere outside, browsing some books.

I was listening to Lenka's Anything I'm Not while I feel like posting something. The lyrics were:

I'll never be, I'll never be tall, no
I'll never be, never ever be sure of it all
Oh, why is the world so cruel to me
When all, all I ever want to be is anything I'm not

Gimme a break, a little escape
I'm so tired of being me
I wanna be free, I wanna be new and different
Anything I'm not

I'll never be, I'll never be you,no
I'll always be, I'll always be me, that I know
But oh, even though I'm happy being me
I want to get away from all this harsh reality,oh.


The fact is that we always try to be someone else who we will never be. However even though we were happy being ourselves, certain harsh reality just crashed us by for granted. Thus we would ask: "Anything I'm not = Anything I want to be ?", I'll never be what I want!

Literally from the law of attraction, you should always ask for what you want, be ready to accept what you want to attract. I agree that thinking the good things you will have a better day rather than being grumpy around and complaining. What law attraction trying to attract not neccessary to be a good thing, but at least it gives you good mood.

Apparently you can also lose weight from law of attraction. How magical that someone lose few pounds by just thinking and accepting " I'm in my best weight, I'm in my best shape". Not to comment whether it makes sense or not, unless you give a try on it. However I think it's hardly believable since it's physically change. Just like I keep telling myself "I'm 5"6 tall, I'm 5"6 tall", am I going to achieve that height in this age?

Or can I tell myself "I'm a caucasian, I'm a caucasian, I have blue/green eyes, blond hair", then me and my gens will be totally changed? The book just left me a lot of question marks.

However this Lenka song telling the truth about oneself dealing with what he/she wanted to be in life, and he/she will never be. We always heard people saying "I'm who I'm", "I'll always be myself", and despite of how many times they'd spoken it in their life time, are they really being themselves and enjoying themselves? Can MalXXsian just keep shouting "MalXXsia BOLEH!" and get what they planned for?

I = Anything I'm. Appreciate and Enjoy!

Cheers,
Carrie.

No comments: