Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My BearBerry!!!



I just couldn't believe that I'm griping a BlackBerry now. A week ago we saw promotion plan from Maxis - get BlackBerry Curve with RM 488 + subsribe to BIS RM98x6months (RM 588). My dear said he would like to buy it for me, I didn't know why was he so certain out of sudden since apparently my current Nokia 7390 is still working well except the phone standby time is really short (I think 12 hours) and bluetooth malfunction. He said he could pay the upfront RM 488 (device price) for me, I have just got to settle the other subscription fees (well marketing strategy huh, Maxis).

Last Saturday we went round and round in LowYat Plaza to test the model and I did a lot of research online. The conclusion is BlackBerry Curve 8520 has a few function lesser than its brother - Curve 8900, but it's absolutely BlackBerry budget phone. Finally I made up my mind yesterday and went to Wangsa Maju MEP to get one. Bloody them told me they only reserve BlackBerry Curve for those who sign up another plan - the postpaid plan, RM 270x 24 months. So eventually we went to KLCC as another MEP in Danau Kota has ran out of stock, we thought the main center should have more stocks. Disappointment soaked me. KLCC has ran out of stock as well and I was told to wait for 2 weeks. 2 weeks is just too much for a naive angel who thought she could get her phone on the spot. I left my contact number in the waiting list sheet and went home.

I don't know why I want it so bad, I want it to be on my hand so bad, I just couldn't wait for another second. Eagerly I called every MEP center that I can reach. None of them has stock. I even tried Celcom, as I see their plan is quite attractive as well, but they can't response to my request.

Eventually I tried DIGI, which just launched the BlackBerry Curve. They have some stocks, but their plan wasn't nice to me :( So I bought the phone at retail price. So silly me, I can actually just wait for the maxis to call me, and get my phone with 6 months unlimited BIS service. But I want it bad now!

Ok so now my phone is being charged, I'm so happy to get this Xmas present 10 days earlier from Edward ^__^!

No comments: